Tip: Write for yourself and enjoy the writing process.
Thurman Mansion Fall Wedding:
Ideal Wedding: Everyone's on board and ready to have the best time. This fall wedding was exactly that. Their outdoor cheese dip bar was what cheese dip dreams are made of. Their cookie jar wedding favors were sweet and personal. Their dj played all the hits and I was made aware that I know a lot of the lyrics to a lot of Spice Girl songs. The more I look at the photos from this wedding, the more small and intimate moments I find. I encourage all photographers to go back through your old galleries and discover something you missed the first time.
I'm not sure how I managed to leave Thurman Mansion without going to The Salt Lick. It'll have to be one of those things I do when all my meat eating friends come to Austin for a visit. As a former vegetarian living with a current vegetarian, my bbq opportunities are few and far between. // 2nd Shot for the lovely Heather Johnston Photography
One more thing: Is it just me or does one of the groomsmen look like Logan from Gilmore Girls?
Updates about me:
- Recently, I showed some work at The Swoon Event! It was the right event for this nervous and sometimes awkward lady. Venturing into wedding photography has been weird and wonderful.
- Through a series of random events, I ended up with 2 tickets to Puerto Rico. We just got back and I'm already wanting to plan my next trip to Vieques. Yes, the bioluminescent bay is awesome. Yes, wild horses are magical. Yes, there will be a blog post about it. :)
- I reached my goal of booking 10 weddings for 2016 and still counting! October is almost full.
- I filed for an LLC and all that comes with it (there are so many things y'all).
- I'm still listening to all the podcasts: Stuff Mom Never Told You, Stuff You Should Know, #girlboss radio, Stuff You Missed in History Class, Breakfast for Dinner, and Gilmore Guys - I have about 5 more on my list to check out including The Lively Show, but there just aren't enough hours in the day.
- Finishing up You Deserve a Drink: Boozy Misadventures and Tales of Debauchery by Mamrie Hart - her adorable chihuahua Beanz Hart brings me joy. Turns out I love books by comediennes. That being said I've started Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates and already cried a couple of times reading it. So far it's amazing and eye opening.
- Almost bought too many books on Amazon before going to Puerto Rico. Before hitting the "buy now! please just send them to me please!!" button, I thought about Book People and how wonderful it is and how I would like to keep going there in 20 years. The next day, I went and bought way too many books IN PERSON at Book People. Shop local! yeah! Bought: Big Magic, Hunger Makes Me a Modern Girl, A Practical Wedding Planner, Rising Strong and a photo book about Andy Goldsworthy called WALL. Send me some recommendations!
- Mark and I got our auras photographed. Click here to see the weird and wonderful photo. Special thanks to Radiant Human for coming to Austin.
- Soon I'll be celebrating my 1 year anniversary in Austin. I arrived here last year on Valentine's Day. ❤︎